Hotel and Restaurant Careers in Greensboro
We’re always looking to recruit and hire great people to join our hotel and restaurant team at Print Works Bistro, Green Valley Grill, Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, Proximity Hotel and O.Henry Hotel! We are looking for extraordinary team-oriented people with many skill sets and experiences, including: friendliness, detail oriented characteristics, intelligence, committed work ethic, enthusiasm, genuine concern for others and self-awareness. Diversity and inclusion are part of our culture and we embrace those groups that have not, and are not, always treated fairly.
We are different! Our grounding on the idea of being of genuine service to others makes us different from other companies. Any well-functioning organization is really just a group of people who choose to join together to pursue a common objective that is clearly communicated. Our common objective is articulated in our mission, which, in summary, is to be of genuine service to our guests, fellow staff members, owners, and the earth and her people.
With 30 years of operating one of the top-rated hotel and restaurant companies in the South, Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels (QW) is 100% owned by its 600+ staff members. This makes QW one of only a few employee-owned restaurant and hotel companies in the entire country. Learn more.
One of the greatest companies I have worked for. The vision, training and emphasis on details by Dennis and Nancy Quaintance are unmatched by any organization. I am thankful for my education and training with Quaintance-Weaver.Pierre Goria
♦NPR Podcast Interview with Dennis Quaintance about Quaintance-Weaver and Proximity Hotel in Greensboro. Listen to the interview!
♦CNBC reports ESOP: A Wealth-Building Tool Often More Coveted Than a 401(k) Plan by Employees. Learn more!
♦QW recognized as “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality” Learn more!
Job Openings at Print Works Bistro, Green Valley Grill, Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, Proximity Hotel and O.Henry Hotel
Our package of benefits include Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), health, dental and vision insurance, paid annual leave, family medical leave and domestic partner benefits. Want to be a Lucky Star?
To be of genuine service to our Guests, Fellow Staff Members, Owners (who are solely QW staff members), and the Earth & Her People.
- Provide our guests with the highest quality food, drink and accommodations at a good value.
- Ensure that each guest receives prompt, friendly, attentive service by a well-trained service staff in a
clean, comfortable, well-maintained environment that is warm and hospitable (pleasant acoustics, lighting, temperature and aroma).
- Offer an outstanding menu plus an impressive selection of specials in our restaurant’s and an outstanding array of gracious amenities in distinctive hotels.
- Provide employment that is rewarding and offers education and opportunity in a fair, diverse and inclusive environment.
- Generate profits that: a) afford compensation for those who contribute, b) increase the value of staff members’ ESOP retirement accounts and c) allow QW to grow.
- Consider sustainable practices in our social and physical worlds, with all of our decisions. (See our Sustainable Practices Initiative & Fairness Doctrine.)
Our Fairness Doctrine
Because some groups have not, and are not, always treated fairly, we will proactively reach out to such communities by:
- Being extraordinarily committed to our “Fairness” and “Diversity & Inclusion” programs with the objective of being a role model for other organizations.
- Focusing much of our underwriting and sponsorship efforts to the African American, Latino, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer and/or Questioning (LGBTQ) communities, plus other such groups.
- Working with refugee communities when we have employment opportunities.
- Looking for opportunities to employ people with different abilities.
- Encouraging a merit-based culture that seeks opportunities for women, minorities, the LGBTQ community and other such groups
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, and military or veteran status.
Zero Tolerance Policy
Our Zero Tolerance Policy includes all of the following areas:
Discrimination or harassment for any “off-purpose” reason, but with particular emphasis on discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, and military or veteran status. These protections extend to all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, learning programs, advancement, compensation, scheduling and discipline actions.
Harassment under this policy includes any inappropriate behavior that makes one uncomfortable as a participant or an observer. Some examples are unnecessary touching, massaging, sexual innuendo, crude jokes about gender-specific traits, and graphic or suggestive comments about an individual’s body or dress. These are only a few examples (not all) of things that could be considered sexual harassment.
We will terminate and pursue prosecution with anyone who chooses to steal.
Use of Alcohol/Drug And Alcohol Policy
QW is a drug-free work place. Therefore, we conduct “post-accident,” “for cause” and random drug and alcohol testing. A complete copy of QW’s Drug and Alcohol Policy is provided to all staff members upon employment, and is available at www.qwpeople.com.
We have a zero tolerance for bigotry, sexual harassment, theft and substance abuse. We promise that we will not hold it against you for reporting concerns about bigotry or sexual harassment including if you report something about your supervisor. Please confidentially report any of the above to our People Department or to Dennis Quaintance. Both can be reached at 336-370-0966.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, national origin/ancestry, citizenship and military or veteran status.
Green Valley Grill
622 Green Valley Rd.
Greensboro, NC 27408
624 Green Valley Rd.
Greensboro, NC 27408
Print Works Bistro
702 Green Valley Road
Greensboro, NC 27408
704 Green Valley Rd
Greensboro, NC 27408